Event information: transport technology export opportunities in Spain
12 November 2019
November 29 11.00-12.00
Department of International Trade invites you to a webinar on export opportunities in the transport technology sector in Spain.
Why consider Spain?
- 2nd largest high speed rail track network in the world.
- Companies like ACS/Dragados, Ferrovial, Acciona, FCC generate 80% of their revenues outside Spain.
- OEMs CAF & Talgo are competing in the HS2 tender; CAF recently opened an assembly factory in Newport, Talgo plans to build a plant in Longannet.
- 2nd largest manufacturer of automobiles in Europe & the largest EU manufacturer of industrial vehicles, 4th largest component manufacturer in Europe.
- Spanish Tier 1/2 supply to all the leading OEMs.
- Interest in lightweight technologies and digital manufacturing.
- Airbus Defence & Space operates plants in Madrid, Toledo, Seville & Cadiz.
- ITP Aero, Rolls Royce subsidiary - 9th largest turbine manufacturer.
- Aernnova, leading aerostructures company recently acquired GE Aviation's Hamble unit.