Prova Job Vacancy - PR account manager
10 Aug 2017
Prova job description: PR account manager
Reporting to: Account director
Responsible for: Account executives
Award-winning agency with passion for results seeks PR superstar to drive client results – are you the talented professional we are looking for?
Competitive salary – Discretionary bonus – 25 days holiday plus your birthday off work – Social clubs including curry, books and running – On-the-job mentoring and training
At Prova, we are always on the look-out for the next PR hero who wants to deliver exceptional results for clients in the environment, technology or transport sectors. Whether you’ve got a background in journalism, a degree in politics, a flair for creative writing or a head for numbers, we want to hear from you.
As an account manager at Prova, your role is to drive forward all your accounts with strategic guidance provided by the account director or director. You should be able to diligently manage the day to day activity across your account portfolio, with limited involvement, as well as identifying proactive opportunities to achieve your clients’ objectives. Planning, project management, strategy delegation and people management skills should become honed, enabling you to work towards becoming an Account Director.
- Develop and demonstrate writing skills in a range of styles and for different audiences
- Be competent in all forms of written activity – emails, letters, etc. and understand the important of style and tone
- Amend and improve copy drafted by junior team members with the ability to provide constructive criticism to support their development
- Correlate activity and time to budgets and manage accordingly
- Support first stage pitches and proposals in terms of research, and begin to develop both Word and PowerPoint formats
- Build close relationships with clients
- Be responsive and ensure clients emails are responded to quickly
- Understand clients’ industries and share relevant news and commercial opportunities
- Lead meetings and undertake all necessary preparation and follow-up
- Act as a consultant to clients, advising on potential opportunities and / or pitfalls of both PR and wider business opportunities
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of the media relevant to client portfolio
- Build relationships with journalists
- Plan and drive the media relations campaign for clients
- Progress alternative ideas – e.g. events, surveys, research, sponsorship, etc. Undertake the relevant organisation and delivery
- Take responsibility for delivery of events including all planning, preparation, attendance, media, etc.
- Liaise with director regarding crisis communications, including statements, client briefings and journalist liaison
- Monitor media for stories of interest for client and potential response opportunities
- Take the lead in ensuring evaluations are fully prepared and demonstrate the value delivered
- New business
- Play a role in drawing new business activities under guidance of a director
- Participate in new business brainstorms
- Form part of pitch teams as required
- Start thinking commercially, identifying new business targets and liaising with business development director
- Identify areas for organic growth within client portfolio
- Ensure punctuality and appropriate dress at all times
- Show effective time management skills for work and client handling
- Proof read all written material, including emails
If you are interested in this role please contact Sarah Hookey at the details below.