Exporting to Canada? Find out more about the EU’s Free Trade Agreement
06 Oct 2017
The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement, or CETA, is a trade agreement between the EU and Canada. By boosting trade, CETA will create jobs, growth and new opportunities for UK companies.
CETA is the most extensive free trade agreement to date. It will benefit UK companies by removing 98% of the duties (taxes) they currently have to pay at Canadian customs. The same will apply to Canadian businesses exporting to the EU.
CETA will make it easier and cheaper to export goods and services between the UK and Canada. The agreement will:
• Eliminate nearly all Canadian import duties
• Create more opportunities to bid for public contracts in Canada
• Make it easier to access Canadian services and investment markets
• Improve the framework for temporary movement of key company personnel and service-providers between the EU and Canada
• Allow UK engineers, accountants, architects and other service professionals to provide their services in Canada more easily
• Strengthen the Canadian intellectual property environment
• Increase cooperation between European and Canadian standard setting
To find out more, click here.