UK Advanced Engineering & Manufacturing Trade Mission to India & the India
30 Sep 2016
By 2025, India’s manufacturing sector will be worth over £0.5 trillion ranking it in the Top 3 manufacturing destinations in the world. It will also be well on the way to being the world’s largest economy. The UK already employs approximately 1.3 million people in 29,000 advanced engineering companies, contributing almost £0.5 trillion or 27% of the UK’s GDP. The UK and India share a special relationship in manufacturing and engineering.
Led by the Department for International Trade (DIT), the mission will give companies a fantastic opportunity to attend the India-UK TECH Summit, a three-day showcase and business expo designed to encourage greater levels of business between the UK and India. The UK-India TECH Summit will be followed by a bespoke trade mission programme to Bangalore and Pune. Discover first-hand how to access one of the world’s largest, and fastest-growing markets – the benefits include:
• Promote, pitch and introduce your company to potential customers in New Delhi, Pune and Bangalore interested in collaborating and investing
• Meet with Chief Technology Officers and similar from some of India’s largest OEMs as well as SMEs looking to partner with UK companies
• Hear from local DIT commercial advisers, the CII and UK companies operating in India and learn how to do business in this huge market
• Attend the India-UK TECH Summit and the opportunity to showcase your innovation
Who should attend?
This opportunity is open to UK companies in any sector with expertise and experience in designing, developing and manufacturing products at the cutting-edge of innovation and technology in the most efficient means possible. The mission is principally for entrepreneurs, new to exporting and established companies in the advanced engineering and manufacturing industries with a focus on:
• Low carbon technologies
• Digital process engineering
• Additive manufacturing
• Robotics and autonomous systems
For more information about the program, please click here