Motorsport to Automotive
|Motorsport to Automotive Partners|
The UK’s automotive industry supports nearly 800,000 jobs and in 2014 generated revenues of £69.5billion, representing a great opportunity for the motorsport and high performance engineering industry. Other sectors of the UK economy including; Defence, Aerospace and Marine, have already reaped the benefits of the ‘can-do’, rapid response culture of the UK motorsport industry.
Key statistics on the UK Automotive Industry*:
- 7 of the mainstream automotive car manufacturers and 16 of the world’s top 20 suppliers to the automotive industry have operations in the UK
- 1.5m cars and 2.4m engines were built in the UK
- Indentified £4bn of unfulfilled supply opportunities for domestic Tier 1 suppliers
- Invested £2.4bn in Research & Development
- Added £15.5bn in value to the UK economy
- Automotive is one of the UK’s leading export sectors by value, generating £34.6billion revenue, accounting for 11.8% of the UK's total export goods
- The UK is an ideal location to export products and services overseas. There is a growing demand for UK automotive products around
MIA’s Motorsport to Automotive Initiative (M2Auto) is inspired and driven by the Automotive OEMs who identified a need for the motorsport sector’s R&D capabilities and fast delivery expertise. M2Auto facilitates and creates closer collaboration between OEM automotive manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, and MIA members of the motorsport and high performance engineering industry.
Automotive OEMs identified the UK motorsport sector’s R&D prototyping capabilities, and rapid delivery, as being of real value in early stage project development requiring innovative / prototype / testing /design.
- Driving success - a strategy for growth and sustainability in the UK automotive sector
- Future technological developments in global motorsport - MIA Roadmap
- Motorsport to Automotive Testimonials and Successes
“The mainstream automotive industry is hungry for new ideas, for innovation and for new technology and if the motorsport industry can provide some of those ideas, then it will undoubtedly benefit”
Richard Parry-Jones CBE, Joint Chair of the Automotive Council
Motorsport companies who have successfully engaged with the Automotive sector
|Williams F1 and Jaguar
|RML Group and Nissan
|Volvo S60 prototype
with Flybrid KERS
414e hyrbid prototype
Showcase of Motorsport Capability
Invited by, and working with, automotive OEM’s, following meetings with Automotive Council UK, the MIA has created and delivered, throughout 2012-2016, in-house showcases as part of our Motorsport to Automotive (M2Auto) initiative. - these have taken place at Bentley, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and Ford Dunton.
To find out more about upcoming events, reports published and news, follow the links below...
For more information please contact Helen Jones on +44 (0)2476 692600
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Statistics taken from The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders - Motor Industry Facts 2015