Prova Job Vacancy - PR Account Director
10 Aug 2017
Prova job description: PR account director
Reporting to: Head of department
Responsible for: Account manager
Award-winning agency with passion for results seeks PR superstar to drive client results – are you the talented professional we are looking for?
Competitive salary – Discretionary bonus – 25 days holiday plus your birthday off work – Social clubs including curry, books and running – On-the-job mentoring and training
At Prova, we are always on the look-out for the next PR hero who wants to deliver exceptional results for clients in the environment, technology or transport sectors. Whether you’ve got a background in journalism, a degree in politics, a flair for creative writing or a head for numbers, we want to hear from you.
A fully rounded communications operator with a thorough understanding of all elements of the PR and marketing mix. Accountable for the strategic direction of a high value client portfolio, with minimal involvement from the board or managing director. Responsible for driving organic business growth, as well as playing a key role in developing new business activity. Accountable for client service and quality across own client portfolio, managing the relationship of the client with the agency, as well as championing best practice across the board. Working with the wider Prova team.
Account direction and technical skills
- Devise all strategic and creative plans for existing clients, supervising and, where necessary, implementing the campaign at a senior level to client and agency satisfaction
- Provide senior counsel to clients as required and lead the team in meetings and presentations
- Set clear performance objectives for all campaigns; negotiate realistic outcomes and ensure commercial, marketing and campaign objectives are fully aligned, measurable and achievable within the agreed budget
- Direct and motivate members of the team to provide the required level of executive and creative input; closely monitor to ensure work is of the highest standards and remains relevant to clients’ commercial needs.
- Deliver extremely strong written content across all styles, including press releases, features, statements, Q&As, speeches, etc.
- Write materials for clients which show a true appreciation for the sensitive or confidential nature of the content
- Have the final internal say on the amendment and quality of content produced by junior members of the team
- Add value to the media planning and approach process by developing relationships with key journalists, overseeing the management of events, negotiating major promotional activity
- Give high-level advice on strategic media handling issues, including crisis management, and alert clients to PR risk or opportunities presented by their broader media perception
Organic growth and new business
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to campaigns to secure additional fee; identify opportunities to broaden contacts within client organisations
- Work across clients and teams to upsell packages and build confidence in full Prova offer
- Actively identify and approach new business prospects, helping to achieve new business targets and goals
- Strategically respond to briefs, devising creative plans and responses as required.
- Play a key role in credential meetings and pitches, and coach team members to pitch successfully
- Ensure best practice in campaign reporting, performance management and measurement is applied and priced appropriately
Client service, quality and business skills
- Direct resources to achieve agreed fee and profitability targets; have a full understanding of the budgeting procedures and complete financial control over your client portfolio
- Lead strategic insight for clients’ programmes and be recognised as the key strategic contributor
- Undertake senior client liaison for clients
- Set up template, efficient processes and systems to better manage workflow and communications
- Support company culture wholeheartedly, share the company’s vision and values with staff and encourage a positive working environment
- Take an active role in coaching and managing staff within the framework of company practices and disciplines, provide motivation and leadership
- Provide constructive feedback on all team members; assist with reviews; help to develop career paths
- Ensure punctuality and appropriate dress at all times
- Show effective time management skills for work and client handling
- Proof read all written material, including emails
- Effectively manage junior and senior account members
- Delegate activities, provide relevant briefs and ensure timely delivery
- Mentor and line manage an AM level colleague
- Recognise the importance of your position amongst the team
- Demonstrate support of company decisions and be a role model
- Act as a Prova brand ambassador in everything you do
If you are interested in this role please contact Sarah Hookey at the details below.